The Higher Education Scholarship Application will be off-line on November 16, 17 and 18
due to scheduled maintenance. We apologize for any inconvenience.
To receive priority consideration, your application must be completed by the deadlines. The following documents are required to complete your applicant file:
1. A completed HIGHER EDUCATION SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION form.
2. A CERTIFICATE OF DEGREE OF INDIAN BLOOD (CDIB) certifying that the applicant is a member of the Cheyenne River Sioux Tribe.
3. A LETTER OF ACCEPTANCE from an eligible institution. (New students, transfers and previously suspended students only).
4. A HIGH SCHOOL TRANSCRIPT OR GED. (New applicants only). High school students must submit a transcript of any college course work.
5. An UPDATED COLLEGE TRANSCRIPT from the previous term/year of attendance. NOTE: an OFFICIAL TRANSCRIPT must be ordered (fee required) and sent directly to our office for those students who have received a scholarship in any previous term. HAND CARRIED TRANSCRIPTS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
6. A FINANCIAL AID PACKAGE/NEEDS ANALYSIS FORM prepared and certified by the college Financial Aid Officer indicating the student's unmet need based on his/her individual budget, resources and awards. The NEEDS ANALYSIS FORM can accessed by clicking on the Higher Ed tab and click NEEDS ANALYSIS FORM to print out and send to your Financial Aid Office. This form can only be returned to this office if a FAFSA has been completed and is on file with the college’s Financial Aid Office.
7. NOTICE: ASSOCIATE OF APPLIED SCIENCE APPLICANTS enrolling in a vocational education or technical school must submit a letter from the school verifying: accreditation, transferability of credits to a 4-year institution.
8. SUMMER SCHOOL APPLICANTS ONLY! Students need to submit a Letter of Justification stating why you need summer classes. The letter must be from an academic advisor or another staff person directly involved with the students progress.
Students must submit a new application for each of the terms above. If you are not awarded for the academic year and would like to be considered for the following spring term, please submit another application for the spring term only.
The funding priorities are as follows: 1. SENIORS • 2. JUNIORS • 3. SOPHOMORES • 1. FRESHMAN
To remain eligible for the Higher Education Scholarship Program, you must maintain a grade point average (GPA) minimum of 2.0 on a 4.0 scale and you must complete the semester earning no less than 12 credit hours. Freshman students may be placed on probation if their term GPA is less than 2.0 but higher than 1.75. Sophomores, juniors and seniors with a GPA of less than 2.0 will be placed on suspension.
PLEASE NOTE: STUDENTS IN DEFAULT ON A STUDENT LOAN ARE INELIGIBLE FOR FUNDING THROUGH THE HIGHER EDUCATION PROGRAM UNTIL THE STUDENT IS NO LONGER IN DEFAULT STATUS AND IS ELIGIBLE FOR FEDERAL FINANCIAL AID.
THE HIGHER EDUCATION SCHOLARSHIP IS A SUPPLEMENTAL GRANT THEREFORE; ALL STUDENTS MUST APPLY FOR FEDERAL STUDENT AID (FAFSA/PELL).